Hypotrophy vulvar-vaginal– Explanations : Doctor POIGNONEC plastic surgeon in Paris
For women with vulvar-vaginal hypotropia (discomfort and/or dyspareunia due to dehydration, Mucocutaneous-mucosa dryness, irritation…)
Treatment goals :
In the intimate regions can stimulate the libido and decrease vaginal droughts!
- Biostimulation and rehydrate the superficial layers of the skin and the mucous membrane of the genital areas.
- Restore the tissue trophism.
- Tighten and done skin by hygroscopic effect of injected hyaluronic acid.
Indications and contraindications of hyaluronic acid injections in postmenopausal women.
Hypersensitivity to a component, hypertrophic scarring, pregnant women, children, inflammatory or infectious skin problems on the area to be treated (non-exhaustive list).
Side effects :
Can be observed of inflammation, redness, oedema, erythemas, induration, nodules, colorations or discolorations, light bleeding, hematomas (non-exhaustive list).
Recommendations pre and post injections :
- Risk of increased if hematomas under anticoagulant or if hemostasis disorders treatment.
- Avoid taking aspirin, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants or vitamin C the week before the injection.
- Slight bleeding may occur post injection.
- After the injection, avoid the attendance of wet places (pool, gym, steam room, jacuzzi,…) for 10 days.
- Avoid sex for 5 days.
- Avoid activities generating a pressure of the treated area (bike, horse riding…) for a few days.
The purpose of this article is to give an overview of this new technique, but does not replace a consultation with a specialist.