What is photorejuvenation ?
The photorejuvenation helps to erase or attenuate the mask of pregnancy, to overcome benign vascular lesions such as venous dilatation, couperose, spots due to sun exposure, brown spots, loss of elasticity, very fine wrinkles, but also to tighten the pores and stimulate collagen production. By boosting microcirculation, it firms the skin and gives it a glow. Protection of the patient’s and doctor’s eyes.
Reduction of small vessels, red spots, brown sun spots – visible improvement of the skin’s texture, more radiant, more toned and smoother.
The principle is based on the interactivity between light and skin. The flash lamp of the exclusive PPL system benefits from a double filtering which eliminates ineffective or dangerous wavelengths and only useful and safe light reaches your skin.
Who is photorejuvenation for ?
How long does the treatment last and how many sessions are required ?
Initially, for optimal reach, a series of sessions (varying according to skin type and condition) will be required to restore the skin to a harmonious colour and present a youthful, fresh appearance.
- Sessions to be planned: between 4 and 6, spaced one month apart.
- Anesthesia: analgesia by cooling the skin during the laser shots.
- Each session lasts from 20 to 45 minutes, depending on the area to be treated.
- Small redness and a sensation of heating may appear, they resolve in a few days
- Progressive improvement with each session: the skin will appear softer, clearer, more transparent, brighter and its colour more harmonious.
- A real smoothing of the skin, a correction of the complexion and a reduction in fine lines is obtained.
- The results are spectacular, thanks to the intense light emitted by the laser which will slightly heat the dermis on the area to be treated, to cause a healing process at the origin of the formation of new collagen.
- A moisturiser can be used for a few days.
- Daily activities can be resumed immediately.
- Perpetuate the result: 1 to 2 maintenance sessions each year.
Treatment with this type of laser is equivalent to a superficial peel in terms of effectiveness and comfort for the patient.
How is collagen stimulated ?
Is the treatment painful during the procedure ?
- The treatment is so gentle that no anaesthetic is required and any redness disappears after a few hours or days.
- The lamp delivers a multi-wavelength light beam, it boosts collagen production. Photorejuvenation is quick and not very painful.
- The specific gel is applied first to improve the passage of light through the skin.
What happens after the treatment ?
- If the patient feels a sensation of heat as if they have just spent a day at the beach, they may seek a means of cooling their skin (sprinkling cold water for example) for relief.
- It has a long-lasting effect, however it is best to have one or two maintenance sessions every year.
- Some redness may appear for a day or two on some skin types, but the treatment is hardly noticeable.
- On average, good results are usually achieved after 3 to 8 treatments.
- The big advantage of photorejuvenation is that each person can return to work after the treatment
- Women can also mask redness by wearing makeup (even immediately) after treatment.
Are there any risks of complications ?
These treatments are not recommended for people who suffer from :
- Severe diabetes
- Pregnant women as well as those taking photosensitising medication
- Pulsed light treatment is not recommended for patients who would already be on another anti-spot treatment. There may be a risk of burns in this case.
Only a few small red spots appear, but they are not major marks. For brown spots, they appear for a few days, then disappear.
In total, we should not overestimate the risks, but simply be aware that a medical-surgical act even apparently simple, always includes a small share of hazards. Using a qualified practitioner ensures that he or she has the training and skills to avoid these complications, or to treat them effectively if necessary.
By choosing a qualified and competent practitioner, trained in this type of treatment, you limit these risks as much as possible without eliminating them completely. If you notice one or more complications, do not hesitate to contact the plastic and aesthetic surgeon if you have any concerns.