Vaginal Rejuvenation– Explanations : Doctor POIGNONEC plastic surgeon in Paris
Vaginal rejuvenation : Innovations and novelties for women’s intimacy !
For vaginal rejuvenation, there is a new bio-degradable injectable hyaluronic acid, specific for women’s intimacy. These new injection techniques concern beautification and rejuvenation of the lips and vagina.
Vaginal rejuvenation : what advantages?
- This exclusive hyaluronic acid, is designed for aesthetic, repairing and functional gynaecological indications (ulcerations, pain during intercourse…)
- This new product regenerates the vulvo-vaginal atrophy, volumizes the labia majora for the protection of the vulva and to give them a more youthful aspect…
Vaginal rejuvenation: how it works?
Reduction or symmetrization of the labia minora is surgical (local anaesthesia) using the scalpel radiofrequency gives a more beautiful healing.
In menopausal women, there is an atrophy of the labia majora and the venus mount that can be injected with hyaluronic acids or the patient’s own fat, with a cannula.
Some new lasers may allow the genital area to be re-tensioned after several deliveries (under experimentation).
Polydioxanone (PDO) secure threads can be used in the labia majora to increase the production of local collagen, which improves the appearance, especially in women who do not take hormone replacement therapy.
The injection can be done in the doctor’s office under local anaesthesia.
The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of this new technique, but does not replace consultation with the specialist.
How much does a vaginoplasty without hyaluronic acid surgery cost?
€INCL. TAXES Consult us !
Vaginal rejuvenation souce : Best excerpt from the book « La chirurgie esthétique, les solutions et les conseils de mon chirurgien » © Ambre Editions | The author : Dr. Sylvie POIGNONEC - Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon, located in the heart of Paris, specialized in plastic, aesthetic & reconstructive surgery
Allergy to hyaluronic acid injection
The hyaluronic acid molecule used is of chemical origin. There are several families of hyaluronic acids (about fifty), but only six of them have a marketing authorization in the United States. Indeed, the American health authorities, very demanding and stricter than here, impose a rigorous registration and thorough clinical studies before any marketing authorization. For example, among our 26 laboratories marketing their products in France, only a few are authorized on the market in the United States.
You must therefore ask the doctor about the origin and composition of the product he intends to use. Traceability makes it possible to establish the list of preservatives contained in the product. The label displays the batch number, indicating the traceability of the product.
Because, if the substance itself is rarely allergenic, the preservatives present in the product are at the origin of allergy risks. A treatment logbook, containing the name of the product, the name of the manufacturer, the batch number and the injection instructions, will be essential before proceeding with a new injection.
Side effects and complications :
Complications of filling and volumetry are extremely rare :
Some cases have been described of persistent redness for several weeks, skin abscess or necrosis, located at an injection site.
However, a number of reactions can be observed :
- Local post-injections reactions: we have seen that oedema, redness, pallor, irregularities, tenderness, itching and bruising can sometimes occur. However, these reactions are only temporary.
- Herpes labialis outbreak: in predisposed subjects.
- Acute or chronic inflammatory reaction: possible after secondary injection in an area that has already been injected with other products, especially non-resorbable.
- Granulomas: although rare, this is the most “classic” complication. They are small indurated nodules, more or less sensitive, perceptible to the touch, sometimes visible and unsightly. They correspond to a localized inflammatory reaction which can evolve by flare-ups. They may appear a few days to a few weeks after injection. These granulomas are in fact extremely rare with absorbable products, and even exceptional with hyaluronic acids. They are, moreover, spontaneously regressive in a few weeks.